
This would've been a 5 star review, right up until I finished attaching the doors...
The Good:
Very easy to assembly (accept the doors...) It job should take between 30-40 minutes
Nice finishing touches that you'd expect from Closetmaid (like covers for the exposed fasteners and a good bracket to secure the unit to the wall)
The Bad & the Ugly:
The doors leave a 3/4 of an inch gap down the middle. I thought I put the thing together wrong it looked so bad!
I corrected their bad design by putting two thin washers between the hinge and the side and replacing their screws with some slightly longer ones. I was really annoyed that a 30 min job turned into a couple hours of realizing I didn't mess the thing up, working out a solution, and rooting around for the right parts.
When assembling the doors, it was hard to support and screw them in a the same time. I used a couple of boxes to prop the door up while I screwed in the hinges.
The Good:
Very easy to assembly (accept the doors...) It job should take between 30-40 minutes
Nice finishing touches that you'd expect from Closetmaid (like covers for the exposed fasteners and a good bracket to secure the unit to the wall)
The Bad & the Ugly:
The doors leave a 3/4 of an inch gap down the middle. I thought I put the thing together wrong it looked so bad!
I corrected their bad design by putting two thin washers between the hinge and the side and replacing their screws with some slightly longer ones. I was really annoyed that a 30 min job turned into a couple hours of realizing I didn't mess the thing up, working out a solution, and rooting around for the right parts.
When assembling the doors, it was hard to support and screw them in a the same time. I used a couple of boxes to prop the door up while I screwed in the hinges.
Product Description
Clean up the kids' room, add capacity to a bedroom closet, or let harmony reign in the laundry room with ClosetMaid's 24-inch-wide pantry cabinet. Made of wood laminate in a choice of White and Alder finishes, the simple, sturdy design features two adjustable shelves and two fixed shelves behind hinged double doors. Contemporary door pulls provide a sleek and polished finish with white pulls on the white unit and silver-tone pulls on the the alder unit. The unit measures 24 inches wide by 12 inches deep by 60 inches high and coordinates with ClosetMaid's extensive line of modular storage units. Easy assembly is required.

Features
- 24-inch pantry cabinet perfect for adding storage anywhere from laundry room to kids' room to closet
- Sturdy wood laminate construction in choice of White and Alder finishes
- 2 fixed and 2 adjustable shelves; hinged double doors with contemporary-style pulls
- Easy assembly required
- Measures 24 inches wide by 12 inches deep by 60 inches high
No comments:
Post a Comment